A New Chapter

 Blogging has been a part of my life since my teenage years. When I was 15 I was already in college, when people my age were studying GCSE I was already doing A-levels. It was also the time when I got my first computer. Growing up computers weren't something most people had, in fact you was lucky if you had one. The computers took 3" floppy disks and didn't have internet. By the time I got my first computer at 15 technology had evolved a little. The computer I had was a blue Packard Bell desktop computer with a bulky monitor, a CD-Rom drive and two speakers that attached to the monitor. I could only use the internet after 6pm and it was dial-up, meaning it ran on the phone line through a long cable. If you wanted to use the phone you had to disconnect. 

A far cry from the macbook air I use today. 

Of an evening I would regularly be blogging, usually on livejournal. Who remembers that? It is something I have continued to do. It's felt strange to me to not be blogging so much recently. The truth is in 2017-2018 I went through such a major life change that I really didn't have the time or motivation to get back to blogging. Instead I used my personal journal. 

I have spent the past week getting this new blog up and running. I looked back over some of my past blogs and thought "this is a part of my past, a lot of good memories, why should I leave them behind?" so post by post I am transfering them over. 

Looking back over my old posts I glance at the dates and think "oh this was going on then too, I was here, I was there, I was touring" None of it mentionned. In hindsight there's acually a LOT missing. There have been things in my life that I have never shared publicly, I may have mentionned them but never divulged the stories. 

The last couple of months I have been on a fitness binge, I've joined a fantastic fitness platform called Burn Nation with amazing instructors and a lovely community. This has given me so much confidence back in myself, something which I thought my ex got in the divorce. 

There has always been aspects of my life that I haven't talked about. Either because I couldn't, I wasn't allowed to discuss or I just didn't want to share. My ex was in the public eye so my blogs, social media and I'm suspicious even my emails were being monitored. Many times things I posted I was asked to remove. I've worked with lot's of people in the public eye so I know all to well about discretion and respecting peoples privacy. That is something I would never, ever share. I would never share anything that was totally private or that could damage anyone. What would bug me was I wouldn't be able to have say a brand of drink in a picture as it wasn't a sponsor. I felt quite confined and restricted. 

Through this new blog I will be sharing more of my story. I have found my voice and I am no longer restricted to what I can and cannot say. 

One thing I will say, I won't be mud slinging. There will be stories where I won't mention names. I could if I wanted to and I'm not afraid to speak my mind, however I have a lot of respect for some of the people in my past and I would never do anything to hurt them or their reputation. As much as they may deserve it.

Comments

Popular Posts