A Grand Day In The Countryside

Have you ever woken up in the morning and just wondered what to do today? Or asked yourself what do I want to do? Well yesterday when I woke up I was expecting it to be like any other Sunday, stay in bed until whenever, then walk the dog, make some dinner. So I woke up at just before 9am and thought I'd maybe stay in bed for a few more hours. Then my aunt called and said she'd be picking me up at 10:30 for a day in the country. My aunt moved to the Kent countryside just over two years ago and yet I've not seen her new place until yesterday. I'd heard her speak of the place but when we drove up the lane it was nothing like I expected. Her new house is like a chalet on a farm, well stables but the place is massive. I've been to a few stables before and they haven't been huge but this place was acres. Her home is gorgeous, she's so creative with how she decorates and the whole place looks really calm and peaceful. Her view looks over stables, fields and woods. It's like a totally different world. She told me there were 46-50 horses stabled there. I went for a walk in the field where the horses were grazing and it was incredible. I love horses and am not at all nervous (unlike my mum) and the horses were just calmly walking upto you to say hello. They were so friendly it was amazing. I finally got to meet my uncles horse Larne, who is a truly stunning horse. The time flew by so quickly and before I knew it it was time to come home to London. It was a lovely day though and even better because the weather was good. 

The stable block next to my aunts chalet  


The horses in the field, grazing 
My uncles horse Larne (Left)
Ancient tree
Buddha shrine 




Comments

Popular Posts