Phoenix's Accident

 Two weeks ago I was out walking my dog Phoenix, we was out and about earlier then usual and as it was a nice sunny day thought it'd make a nice change to take her to the park. She had a good run around, went in the lake for a splash. Everything was going fine, then she screamed and very slowly collapsed and rolled on her back, by her feet a pool of blood. Initially I thought she'd been shot. Then I noticed she'd cut her foot and was bleeding heavilly. There was blood everywhere and I knew I had to get her to a vet. Somehow I managed to lift her up and carry her, typically I was over the other side of town so had to carry her for almost a mile. When I got her to the vets she was still bleeding. She was taken in for urgent surgery. When I spoke to the vet he said she'd severed a tendon in her back foot. So for the last two weeks I've had to keep her in, no walkies for her. She's had to go back every three days for a bandage change. Her vets use very swanky colourful bandages so she's been looking bright if nothing else. 
Then last Thursday I took her back to get her stitches taken out, as the vet took the stitches out her wound reopened and she was taken back into theatre. Her stitches in her tendon had come apart as well. So now she really has been on limited movement. She can't go any further then the back door to do her toilet, she can't do the stairs so I've been sleeping on the sofa with her. I haven't slept properly since the accident as I've been constantly checking on her. 
We still don't know what caused the cut, initially we thought it was glass but the cut was so deep and straight that it looks as though it might have been a knife or blade hidden in the grass. This is what happens when idiots leave their shit on the grass. There are enough bins around use them. They've definitely got bad karma coming their way after this. 



Here she is after her first surgery 
This was her 2nd Bandage 

Then she got a swanky blue star bandage 

And this is her this week 

and having a snooze yesterday after another vets visit 



Comments

Popular Posts