Strange Goings On In Greenwich

Has anyone else noticed something not quite right in Greenwich this last week? Whilst taking my dog out last week I noticed something very bizarre just around the corner. 

I really don't know what to say, Are the streets of Greenwich really getting THAT dark of a night? I had to stop and look in amazement and take some photos because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

Over the last few days I've spotted more and more of these double lampposts popping up. It is just ridiculous. 

Strange goings on? 

Unusually Dark streets of a night? 

Increase in street Crime? 

New runway for city airport? 

Lazy council workers? Bingo. 

It certainly looks like lamp posts are being replaced all over West Greenwich, however the council workers are just not bothering to remove the old ones. In quite a few places the old lamppost has been cut off and a new one put in right next to it. You'd think they'd at least do the job properly someone at some point must have removed previous lampposts entirely? These ones cannot possibly be that old that they are un-moveable. It just looks stupid, maybe the double lampposts do look a bit odd but the ones with just a new lamppost and a stump of a previous one just look downright tacky.

Comments

Popular Posts