Placebo Take on the itunes Festival 2014

Seeing Placebo play live is almost like a second nature to me now. From studi, to rehearsals to live, shows i've seen it all.  

I'm sure most people have heard of the itunes festival by now. It's the month long festival held in the glorious Roundhouse in Camden. 

On Tuesday I headed off to the Roundhouse to see the mighty Placebo. It was my first visit to the Roundhouse and I have to say, what a fantastic venue for a rock concert. It's a really gorgeous building. The corridors are like a medieval castle, narrow with bricks and wood it looks gorgeous. The landings and bar areas are really modern with glass walls. Usually the mix of traditional and modern doesn't go so well but at the roundhouse they've got the balance right. 

As a guest I was sitting in the VIP guest/corporate seating area filled with record executives and celebs. Sitting beside me was Mr David Bowie.

I missed the guys last performace at itunes festival in 2009 as I was very unwell so had to sit out that section of the 2009 tour. 

Supporting Placebo was a band from Scotland called The Mirror Trap. Quite a new band on the scene but you have to check these guys out. I'd heard a few of their recordings which I thought were really promising and live they didn't disappoint. I think they played a little on the loud side for my liking but they were really good and I'd highly recommend checking them out. 


The Mirror Trap, Killing it at the roundhouse. 

After a short break Placebo took to the stage at 9pm opening with the anthem B3. Here was a band full of energy which didn't die out at all throughout the show. Every song was performed with a pure passion. They played a very good combination of old and new songs. Highlights for me were Every You Every Me, Scene Of The crime (a wicked song) and the unmistakable hit The Bitter End which has to be one of my favourite songs of all time. 
The whole set was fantastic. The Stunning Mr Molko's vocals were strong and filled the room, this man can sing, there's no denying it. All six musicians on stage were phenomenal, there was a really good chemistry between all of them. 
I've seen a lot of live concerts and I have to say in all honesty this was definitely one of the best live shows I've ever seen. If you only ever see one band live make sure it's these guys. 


I have to say a huge thank you to the Apple staff who were brilliant and really looked after me and my poor guest who was on crutches.  

 A member of Apple staff was encouraging me to take some interesting photos on my iphone. I actually really like what came out Psychedelic.... 

That's it for my photos as I only wanted to take a few to remember the gig from. I'm much more interested in being completely present and immersed in the music rather then anything else.  




Comments

Popular Posts