My Version Of 36 Questions

 I felt inspired watching Victoria Beckhams 76 question on Vogue. Finding out interesting little things about how someone thinks is fascinating.

This article was on Yahoo today, on Yahoo is states these are 36 questions that will make you fall in love with me. In reality that isn't going to happen, in fact that would be quite scary with the thousands of views I get each week.

I'm answering these questions honestly, so that you can get a better idea of who I am, A little bit of fun I think. I haven't even read these questions yet. What am I letting myself in for?
Enjoy  

Set I
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
It'd have to be someone really inspirational like the Dalai Lama. I'd be really interested to learn more from him. I have quite an interest in Buddhism so would like to hear more of his teachings and his take on the world at the current moment
 

2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Not in the "Celebrity" world. These days there are far too many reality shows and "Celebrity's" who are famous for nothing apart from appearing in a reality show. I'd like to be known more for my books. I've always wanted to be remembered for something after I'm gone, I hope that's going to be a great book I've written. That's my legacy. 

3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
It depends who I'm calling, If I'm really angry at someone I like to know what I'm going to say but otherwise no.  

4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?

Getting up at a reasonable time, doing a nice meditation somewhere relaxing, then going for a nice walk, in the countryside or along a beach, then watching a good movie after lunch, probably with one of my cats on my lap.  

5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
I sing everyday. I'm a classically trained singer but I tend to sing badly these days. Usually either singing along to something on my ipod or making up my own ditties as I potter around the house. 

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

Definitely the mind, our bodies change as we get older. Try to keep it natural, that said I think Joan Rivers looked fantastic for her age and I would definitely consider surgery later on in life if I was able to. For me it's all about the mind though if my mind was still sharp at 90 I could carry on writing, what would I do at 90 with a killer body? There'd be no point. 

7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
I was always convinced I'd die young, I was petrified of joining the 27 club so when I turned 28 last year it was a big relief for me.  

8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common?
Is it really neccesary to have anything in common? 

9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
My family who are brilliant, my pets for keeping me sane and for my creative talents.  

10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Well sending me to a convent school was a good idea wasn't it. As you can tell, I'm no nun.  

11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
In four minutes? Try four hours. 

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
To be able to stop time, you'd be able to get everything done. 

Set II
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I'd like to know if I'll ever have a book as successful as Harry Potter and if I'll ever have children. 

14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

I'm doing it at the moment. For years I always wanted to write a book, I never thought I'd be able to do it though and now I'm on my second book. I'd like to travel and see a bit more of the world, particularly Thailand and Australia.

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Completing my first book 

16. What do you value most in a friendship?
Honesty, a good listener, someone who I can have a laugh with and can handle my sense of humour.

17. What is your most treasured memory?
There are a few but one which stands out is the day I won a gold medal in a Gymnastics competition. I was so proud of myself. 

18. What is your most terrible memory?
Since I was a child I've blocked out alot of bad stuff. To the point where I often don't remember it. When i was very young a friend of mine was runover and killed. For years I couldn't remember anything about him at all. I'd just blocked it out until later on in life.  

19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
I'd take more risks and have as much sex as possible. 

20. What does friendship mean to you?
Friendship is important but I don't have that many people I can call true friends. Maybe two or three at most. Friendship is a 50/50 thing and I often find that it's always me making the effort to get in touch, when that happens it's the end of a line. Very few friendships are lifelong. 

21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
It's important to send out as much loving energy as possible. I need to be able to show love everyday whether that's just playing with my dog or not is irrelevent. At the end of the day doesn't everyone just want to be loved? 

22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
And how am I supposed to answer that? My cats next to me shall I describer her positive traits?

23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
My family are brilliant, there's only a small minority that I class as my real family but we are all close. For example I take after my Auntie more then my Mum but I grew up with my family living three doors apart from eachother so we was always very close. I saw my Grandparents everyday until they died. 

24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
I'm very close to my mother, we're actually more like sisters then mother & daughter. 

Set III
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling ... “
Cold from this bloody wind tonight.

26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share ... “
my life with.  

27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
I can be a bit quirky and some people say I'm a bit bonkers at times which is true but I have fun with life. I consider myself to be like a lioness. I'm playful and cute but threaten those I care most about and you'll see a protective and aggressive side to me. 


28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
Is this where the cat comes into it again. Ok I like your purr, I like your fluffy tail and the way you demand attention. To a man? probably that he has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. And yes I was thinking of someone in particular then.  

29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
Oh dear there have been a few of those. I think it's got to be when I was 16 I slipped in ice on my way to college and broke my elbow, even though I was wearing a thick leather jacket.

30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
I can come across as tough or strong to other people because I'll rarely show a weakness by crying but when I do cry it's time to build the arc because it just doesn't stop. I always cry somewhere on my own though. If someones catches me crying I'm mortified. I have got a clever trick in how to cry without smudging your eye makeup so noone ever knows.  

31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
If they're still interested after my answers so far it's a bonus.  

32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
absolutely nothing. 

33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
Oh I'd come back and haunt them just to get my message across don't worry about that. 

34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

That's easy Juma my soft toy tiger I got when I was a child.

35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
Well that's a bit morbid. Everyones death would be disturbing. What am I supposed to say oh that was a shame nice knowing you.

36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
Ok, I'm going to end this on a fun note. I've just spotted a gorgeous handbag in the sale, there's only a few in stock. Should I treat myself and feel guilty for spending the money or save my money for a rainy day. This would actually be a problem for me.

Comments

Popular Posts